Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peace of mind [open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

Peace of mind [open] Empty
PostSubject: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:57 am

It was late and Tor knew but he couldn't seem to sleep. Thoughts were racing through his mind, thoughts and memories he had buried away ever since he left his parents house. He sighed and leaned on his elbows against the railing, running both hands through his hair he clutched and tugged harshly at his blond locks trying to dispell everything in his mind. Soon enough a dull ache presented itself inside his head. He groaned at the growing headache squeezed his eyes shut, hung his head and tugged more savagely at his hair.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:15 am

Kaila was glad the castle was quiet tonight. She really didn't want to have taken someone to their head of house in the middle of the night. Again. She had visted three of the four heads of houses last night. By far the hardest, and scariest, had been to Professer Snape, regarding Pumpkin being out of bed, on the grounds. It had hurt her to do it, yes, but it would at least maybe set her straight. Professer McGonagall had been outraged when she explained what Hex had done. She told her to see Madame Pomfrey for the lingering bruises and scrapes from the attack on her, but Kaila didn't see it nessesary. She was a tad achy now, but it was nothing compared to the injuries she sustained from Quidditch. The Prefect almost hadn't said anything to Professer Flitwick about CC, but felt it the right thing to do. He seemed disapointed, but hadn't said anything, only dismissing her after she reported.
Now, she stood at the Astromony tower, looking out. It was a bit chilly tonight, but nothin to serious. It was quiet to. Untill the flapping. She peered curiously into the darkness. She could just make out a small figure in the dark, flying toward, which she quickly recognized as "Thyme!" Her father's owl. Eagerly she held her arm out for the tiny tawny owl. Quickly, she took the parchment letter from the bird, unfolding it. Much to her surprise, there were two letters, one from her uncle and one from her father. She frowned. "What?" Quickly she tore open the latter and unfolded it.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:20 am

He noticed someone enter the tower but since it was dark he couldn't make out who it was. He silently moved into a shadowy area and waited for the person to say or do something to determine who he or she was. When he person spoke he figured out it was a girl and her voice sounded awfully familiar and it wasn't until she spoke again that he figured out who it was. "Kaila."
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:24 am

Quickly, she scanned the somewhat messy handwriting of her father. She frowned, re-reading the same part. A voice made her snap around quickly, stuffing both letters in her pockets. She peered into the darkness for a moment. "Tor?"
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 am

Realizing he was still concealed in the shadows he stepped out with his hands raised showing he meant no harm. "What are you doing up and about so late?" He smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:32 am

She smiled a bit to the boy. She had been a bit jumpy lately, perhaps it had something to do with almost being blown up. "Hello Tor. I was just finishing up my prefect duties here." Both Professer McGonagall and Professer Flitwick had sugested she take some time off, but she waved away their concerns.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:36 am

He grinned and walked over to Kaila. "Prefect duties? Congratulations!" He was happy for her and knew that she would take her duties seriously. "Any troublemakers so far?" He wondered about himself since he was out after curfew but didn't have a care.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:42 am

She smiled at the boy. It faltered a moment though. Was part of the one percent of the school that didn't know what Hex did? Last she hear, Fred and George had been telling everyone, along with a few other gossips. She really felt a bit embarassed by it all, but then again, he had tried to blow her up! Professer Dumbledore had told Professer Flitwick to inform her to make her way to his office when she had a free moment.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:44 am

Seeing her smile falter he frowned in confusion. Walking up to stand in front of her he gently touched her arm. "What's wrong Kaila?" He studied her in concern.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:47 am

She peered curiously at the boy. "Have... Have you really not heard?" Everyone had heard about the Gryffindor who attacked a school prefect while they were duty. How the boy had attacked her when the prefect tried to bring him in for detention. People knew he had attacked a prefect, some knew the prefect was in Ravenclaw, fewer knew the prefect was a girl, and even fewer still knew it Kaila Darington.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 am

He tightened his grip on her arm and his gaze turned cold. "Have I not heard what?" He has pretty much cooped himself up in his dorm for the past couple of days because of his recent injury to his ankle. He didn't want to risk snapping his Achilles heel again, it hurt the first time.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:55 am

She shifted a bit as his grip tightened, uncomfortably. She still had bruises and scrapes. "T-Tor you're hurting me..." She said pitiously, lightly tugging her arm closer to herself.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:58 am

He quickly let go of her arm and softened his gaze. "I apologize, I didn't mean for that to happen." He looked away from Kaila and ran a hand through his hair.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:00 am

She quickly pulled her arm back to herself. Discreetly enough, she shoved both hands in her pockets as if to confirm the slightly now crumpled pieces of paper. "You haven't heard... About Hex?" She questioned.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:06 am

His gaze snapped back to her his eyes turning icy. "What did he do?" He hadn't heard anything about any of this, whatever it was about. He didn't know who Hex was either. His facial expression hardened and his voice turned cold with rage. "What did he do?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:09 am

She flinched a bit at his tone. She wasn't used to him talking like that. "Tor, it's alright, it's over." She paused a moment. "The other night, he was wandering the castle and was confronted by a prefect. He... He attacked the prefect with a spell that is... not to be used against people." She hoped he would leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:15 am

He studied her for a while. "He attacked you." It wasn't a question but a statement. "What spell?" He wanted to know, he wanted to know everything. Who would attack another student with a dangerous spell? How dare he! How dare he attack Kaila! Out of anger he lashed out and punched the wall splitting the skin on his knuckles, a look of pure fury could he seen on his face.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:19 am

"Tor please, don't..." She backed against the parapet, staring pitiously at him. Making sure she didn't have her wand near her hand and making no gestures, she said the spell that had gotten the boy in so much trouble. "E-Expulso..." She flinched when he punched the wall.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:25 am

When he heard what spell he used he began to tremble with rage and hissed out venomously. "Expulso? Against you." He clenched and unclenched his fists seething internally. He spun on his heel and marched towards the door a murderous look on his face. "I swear to Odin that boy will pay." He snarled as he made his way towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:29 am

Captain ran after the blonde boy. "Tor! Wait!" She grabbed his shoulder, trying to spin him around. "Please, McGonagall was furious with him! She gave him a month of detention. Dumbledore was mad to, called him into his office today. Please, he didn't hurt me, really."
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:34 am

He spun around to face Kaila his still seething with rage. "Is that supposed to stop me? For Odin's sake he used a very dangerous spell! If it wasn't you but anothe student what would have happened?" He stared into Kaila's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:09 pm

She sighed a bit. "It doesn't matter, the fact of the matter is it was directed at me and it was in my feild of abilities to stop it, it's part of the reason why I even have the job. Because I can defend from those."
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:13 pm

He studied her for a while before giving her a gentle hug being mindful of her bruises. "I apologize for my behavior. It was atrocious, and I'm also relieved that you are not seriously hurt."
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:16 pm

She smiled a bit at the boy's change of heart. This was more like him. She felt a bit uncomfortable, thanks to her bruises, but not too much so. "It's alright, Tor."
Back to top Go down
Tor Odinson

Tor Odinson

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:20 pm

He quickly let her go. "Are you alright though? What are you doing up here?" He pulled the hood of his zip-up sweater over his head to help keep the chilling air away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peace of mind [open]   Peace of mind [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peace of mind [open]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next