Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Long Day

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cora Bennett

Cora Bennett

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 am

Cora trudged into the Great Hall carrying a gigantic load of homework. She huffed setting the stack on top of the table. she pushed the books away not even wanting to look at the mountain before her. Procrastinating was kind of a talent of hers.
Back to top Go down

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Charlotte walked gracefully into the Great Hall on her black flats. She was light on her feet, her shining blond hair tumbling around her shoulders in curls. She sat in the middle of the Slytherin table, greeted by her friends. Charlotte noticed a Hufflepuff girl coming in at the same. She smiled at her, feeling bad for the girl.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Devon slouched into the Great Hall and sank down into a chair by a blonde Slytherin. "Hey," he muttered in greeting but wasn't really paying attention to what he said and if it sounded rude. He was more interested in the coffee beside her. "Umm... can you hand me the coffee?" he asked tiredly.
Back to top Go down

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:21 pm

She was startled by the sudden voice, glancing over at the tired boy next to her."Um, yeah, sure." She grabbed the mug of coffee, warm in her hand, and slided it over to him. She wondered if she should try to make conversation. It had only been a month since she had gotten here, transfering from the States. She had made a couple Slytherin friends, but no true relationships."I am Charlotte," she said lightly, hoping her States voice wouldn't show she was new.
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:31 pm

ooch: -laughs- Devon is originally from Texas. Homeschooled, of an old pure-blood family. He has a very distinct Texan accent when he wants or when he's tired.

"Thank god..." he said hoarsely and drank deeply from the mug. He coughed slightly when the hot liquid went down his throat in a rush. After he had the initial burst of energy from the coffee, he smiled at the girl charmingly. "Hello, Charlotte. I'm Devon. Excuse me, it's been a long day." He had finally snapped at Snape during a lecture, earning him three hours' worth of cleaning cauldrons and prepping ingredients for the student storeroom. But hey, it was worth it. I think, he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Leah Davies

Leah Davies

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Ah, finally Monday is over.... she smiled to herself as she helped herself to a meat pie at the Ravenclaw table. Glancing up shyly from around her braid, she looked out at the people of the Hall. She didn't see anybody she knew at the moment, but students were still trickling in. She sighed and ate quietly by herself.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Raven walked quietly into the GH, slipping into a seat at the Gryffindor table, her nose buried deep in a book. Her hand found a pitcher of water, and she clumsily poured herself a glass, not taking her eyes off the page.

Last edited by Raven Dragomir on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leah Davies

Leah Davies

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:09 pm

ooch: Tableware nose xD Your autocorrects are also interesting

Leah scanned the Hall again and smiled when she saw her friend Raven almost spill a pitcher of water. You would think she was a Ravenclaw because of the amount of reading she does. She debated whether or not to walk over to the Gryffindor table, and then decided to do something more creative. Taking a piece of parchment from her bag, she began folding it into a bird-like figure. Then she tapped the origami lightly and secretly with her wand. The small bird flew swiftly over to Raven before she remembered she had forgotten to write anything down as a not. Her face turned crimson, and she waited to see what Raven would make of her creation.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Ooch -face Palm-
I ch Raven looked up as an origami bird landed on the table in front of her. She picked it up, studying it carefully and turning it over, smiling. When she found no message she frowned slightly. Odd....She looked up to see Leah blushing and knew who the owner of the bird was. She grinned, picking up her bag and shoving the book in, then walking over to where Leah sat at the Ravenclaw table.
Back to top Go down
Leah Davies

Leah Davies

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:24 pm

She groaned slightly in exaggerated consternation as Raven joined her. "I'm sorry I didn't write anything, I forgot! I have no idea how you realized it was me," she said quietly still with a faint blush on her cheeks. "But I'm so glad you did!" she added suddenly. "How was your day?"
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:31 pm

She shrugged, smiling slightly.
"It's alright. I knew it was you because your the only person I know in here right now, so I just saw you more prominently than I saw others."
She yawned, pouring herself a second glass of water seeing as she left her first at the Gryffindor table.
"It was ok. I got detention from Snape for exploding my cauldron though."
She sighed sipping her water.
"It was really cheap metal. It wasn't going to last long either way."
Back to top Go down
Leah Davies

Leah Davies

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:37 pm

She nodded sympathetically and said, "He should have been more patient and understanding. But it is Professor Snape... He always favors Slytherins more. I never understood how a Professor could favor one house over another even if he is the Head." She could not stop her conspicuous glance up to the Staff and Snape. He had never actually done anything to her because she hardly ever did anything wrong, but she had witnessed her classmates get in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:43 pm

She nodded.
"He doesn't like me much. I do the potions correctly, but he always finds something to sneer at..."
She sighed miserably, leaning her elbow on the table and sipping her water.
"So what have you been up to, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Leah Davies

Leah Davies

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:49 pm

"Oh, the usual. Reading in the common room and library, playing in the music room, and working on the mountain of homework that never disappears," she sighed. The profs had been adding more and more material as the term drew to a close. This always happened, but every time it seemed like the course-load multiplied as she grew older. "I'm a bit of a boring person, I'm afraid," she added quietly. It was true she never did anything especially interesting during her day, mainly because of her shyness.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:54 pm

Raven shook her head, smiling.
"Your not boring. Your fun to be around."
She leaned back against the edge of the table, sitting backwards with her legs facing outwards.
"I truthfully get in to much trouble with my attitude...."
She scanned the room, taking in the different activities, noticing each tapping foot and nervous hair twirling. She laughed softly, saying her thoughts out loud.
"The professors are really giving us to much homework, everyone's nervous..."
Back to top Go down
Leah Davies

Leah Davies

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:01 pm

"And especially with the attacks..." she said quietly, almost whispering. She glanced around the Hall again noticing so many were in packs. Raven and Leah in their group of two was the minority. She saw a pair of blonde Slytherins off to the side but not very far. It was very odd... She still was not too concerned with the attacks even though she was a muggle-born. She could not understand why somebody would want to hurt someone like her.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 pm

She nodded.
"Those poor people. I wonder who's behind it all..."
She chewed her lip. The situation had kept her up many nights, even though she was a half blood. Her magical blood was of her father, and he had one of the worst records in discarding history. I hope he's in Azkaban, she thought savagely. But even if she would be in trouble if the ministry found out who she was, some attacker would think she was an average half blood. Then why was She worried? Because she cared, to much. Despite her attitude she would always value the safety and health of others far above her own.
Back to top Go down
Leah Davies

Leah Davies

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Leah frowned. The mood had suddenly gone slightly depressed between them, and she did not like it one bit. Thinking of a joke, she asked, "What is the longest word in the English language?"
Back to top Go down

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 pm

What does O O ch stand for? Oh, ha ha, that will be relieving to her to know that she is not alone. She's actually homeschooled as well.-laughs-

She pulled her long hair to the side, raising eyebrows. His voice sounded distinctly familiar. Definitely not English, like most students here. American, she thought with a bit of excitement. Charlotte lived in Arizona, a desert state. She missed the heat, but was getting used to Great Britain. She was excited this Devon might be a stranger to here too.It showed on her face as she asked, rather eagerly,"Pleasure to meet you. I hope you don't mind me asking, but where are you from? You don't sound English?" Her hazel eyes were hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:25 pm

"Hmmmm....."
She frowned slightly, thinking.
"No idea. What?"
Back to top Go down
Devon Hallowsfield

Devon Hallowsfield

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:47 pm

ooch: Charlotte, 'out of character.' For when we want to reveal something or comment without going to the chatting thread. 'ic' or 'ich' is 'in character'

He frowned realizing that her accent was not English. Another American? And another comment about my accent? he asked himself. "I'm from Texas," he drawled out. "Obviously not English. You're from the states, right?" She had a typical American accent but he couldn't quite place it. Not a Yankee, but not a redneck either. He looked at her quizzically.
Back to top Go down
Leah Davies

Leah Davies

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm

ooc: Lol. I forgot to post as Leah

She smiled and answered, "'Smiles'. Because there is a mile between its first and last letters!" She began laughing at her own joke not even noticing if Raven joined in or not.
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:57 pm

She started laughing too. She never would have guessed that. That's why she wasn't a Ravenclaw.
"Funny!"
Back to top Go down
Leah Davies

Leah Davies

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:01 pm

She began wiping the slight tears that had come to her eyes but continued smiling. "Thanks! I didn't know how you would like. I love that joke."
Back to top Go down
Raven Dragomir

Raven Dragomir

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:05 pm

She grinned at Leah.
"I NEVER would have guessed! I would have summoned a dictionary and looked it up!"
She blushes, embarrassed by her lack of intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Long Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Long Day   Another Long Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Long Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next