Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hopeful[Closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Hopeful[Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Hopeful[Closed]   Hopeful[Closed] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:53 pm

This takes place during school of last year.

Maverick sat in leather armchair, every now and then running a hand through his brown hair. He was in the back office of the Three Broomsticks pub, waiting for Madam Rosmerta to meet him. The usual smells of the place, butterbeer, whiskey, cremes, and the clattering of people and glasses slid into the room, distant but distinguishable. Maverick's legs were crossed, and his arms were rested in his lap. This should have been pressuring, but Maverick, as usual, had a calm and casual look on his face. He wasn't exactly confident he would be granted the job but was very hopeful. A part-time job at the Three Broomsticks would give him some extra money, be educational, and, most of all, be fun. Maverick had always enjoyed the food and drinks served here, and the atmosphere was wonderful. Plus, it was always full and crowded, and he figured Madam Rosmerta could use the extra hand. He already been interviewed by the owner, and he thought she seemed willing to give him the job. Maverick would be clearing and wiping counters, taking orders and filling drinks. The idea was appealing to him.

The office was rather narrow and confined, but had room for a fireplace, desk, and two chairs. Maverick sat in the far left one, his dark blue eyes looking about the place comfortably. He would have to work out a work schedule, if he got the job, around classes and prefect duties. He could perhaps work on the weekends even.

The door suddenly opened, and in walked Madam Rosmerta. She seated herself behind her desk before greeting Maverick."Good afternoon, Mr.Daniels, I thank you for taking the time to wait."
Maverick straightened."Hello Madam Rosmerta, I appreciate you contacting me right away. I take, by how recent our interview was, you have reached a conclusion?"
She nodded, examining a piece of paper on her desk."Indeed, I have. You are of a legal age to take on this part-time duty. You have given me your schedule of availability, and it appears weekends, after school, and occasional free periods would work for you?" At his nod, she continued."Well, Mr. Daniels, you have showed, looking at your school record, quite obedience and cooperation. You have never created any serious trouble, and seem to appear as a kind, confident young man."
Maverick quickly added in a "thank you" as she began to speak once more after a pause."After much, and quick, consideration, I have decided to hire you, Mr.Daniels." Maverick beamed with delight and happiness, but kept a professional attitude."That is wonderful! I sincerely thank you, Madam Rosmerta, you won't regret this, I promise. When can I start?" Madam Rosmerta handed him a paper."This contains a work schedule I have devised and the salary you will be earning. You start next week." She smiled a little before arising once more."Good luck, Mr.Daniels, and work hard, please."
Back to top Go down

Hopeful[Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pottermore Canon Role Play :: The Three Broomsticks-
Jump to: