Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elated Darkness [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brodie Naya Davies

Brodie Naya Davies

Elated Darkness [open] Empty
PostSubject: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:08 pm

The mood in the castle had indeed grown darker. Students kept to themselves, heads turned down as they walked through the corridors. Yet the brave seemed to have taken on a new lease of life, offering support and a suitable role model to the scared. It was all an act, she thought. A chill seemed to creep into the castle even though the fires still roared. Talks of the school closing had been flying past her ears for a while, whilst the number of owls delivering post had also been flying in increased numbers. On the contrary; Ruby was perfectly content. Excited, even. Still.

She strode into the hall confidently; head raised proudly above her collar and the usual smirk painted across her lips. It was a good year for her to be… well, her. Ruby’s mudblood list was still on her bedside table. She had been having no luck on her search. Speaking of searching – that dreaded comb Vine had given her seemed bent on never being found. She’d looked everywhere.

The Slytherin table was adorned with its usual sniggering and snide remarks. She sat down, feeling at ease.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 pm

He strolled into the Hall, smiling very faintly but even that was wiped off as he froze and surveyed the Hall with his grey eyes. "Hmm ..." The mood was even more darker then it had been a week ago, was that possible? He shrugged and headed towards the red-and-gold table, sitting down in the middle, nodding greetings to students he knew. He placed his pack next to himself, and studied the Gryffindor table, it was a bit cheerful though a sense of dread hung there. He tried to lighten the mood with a few jokes, the other students smiled albeit halfheartedly.
Back to top Go down
Brodie Naya Davies

Brodie Naya Davies

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:26 pm

"Bets?" A tall Slytherin boy said, sliding into the seat beside her, shaking a small box which had a list pinned to the side. Bets? Oh. They were taking bets on who would be next. Ruby stared at him evenly, whilst he grinned like an idiot. No compassion whatsoever. That was why she loved it here. She shook her head. He was going to get caught, no doubt. She wanted her record clean. Getting caught gambling could get her suspended. There was no way she was missing her last year. The boy moved on and up the Slytherin table, hiding the box with his torso.

Spotting the Head Boy make his way into the Hall. Ruby got to her feet and followed him to the Lion table, her bag full of books was digging into her shoulder. At least over here they weren’t all shaking, putting on a brave face, just as a lion should. She snorted at Hex’s jokes and rolled her eyes.

“So” She began, ignoring a few hostile glares from the Gryffindors. “Is there any news on the school closing?” Her bag slipped from her shoulder and into the crook of her elbow. “Being Head boy, I thought you’d be in on all the inside knowledge. Who better to ask than you?” Ruby tried hard to keep the smirk off her face, she really did.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Hex raised his eyebrows at Ruby, he started brewing a coffee, then he replied. "Well, yeah, there's been talk, but nothing official, the ministry is deciding to barge in but Dumbledore is resisting, if there's another attack or two, we're done." He said quite quickly, pouring the coffee into a goblet. "But it might be that Potter will save the day." A ghost of a grin was lurking across his face, he tipped the contents of the goblet into his mouth, he wasn't that worried about it, he was sure Dumbledore would find a way or something. It was clear he knew more then he was letting on.
Back to top Go down
Brodie Naya Davies

Brodie Naya Davies

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:42 pm

“Potter?” Ruby scoffed. She already knew all that he’d told her, maybe she’d be able to squeeze some more out of him. “Potter is nothing but a fame affected little blood traitor. And his friends are worse.” Her focus was on trying to read his expression. He was a strange one, this head boy. She wanted to knock the drink out of his hands. But something told her that embarrassing him at his house table wasn’t a good way to go, considering his status. So, she just kept a neutral smile. “Are you not planning to steal the day? Isn’t that what Gryffindors do? You want all the glory. You want to find the chamber.” Ruby lowered her voice when she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:48 pm

"Yes, Potter." He said, amused now, this was a Slytherin's view of Potter and it was certainly amusing. "He saved the day, last year, didn't he?" He sipped at the drink and gazed at Ruby for a moment, he narrowed his eyebrows at her. "Steal the day?" He asked in a hushed voice, thinking. "It would mean certain death to find the chamber, all we would get inside is a monster who would try to kill us. But I'd like to go down fighting rather then as an old man. I doubt someone could even find the chamber, it is well hidden if even Dumbledore can't find it." He said with a shrug, frowning. "Are you suggesting something?"
Back to top Go down
Brodie Naya Davies

Brodie Naya Davies

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Ruby sat down, making a few second years shuffle away. “He did not ‘save the day’. He is just lucky. He will not ‘save the day’ this year either.” Just a boy. “Oh. Dumbeldore?” Her smile grew more genuine. “He is an old foolish idiot. Clearly not fit to run a school after this, ah, mishap. Fudge is just soft. He’s too far up Dumbledore’s quaffle to see the truth.” She said rather crudely, slipping her bag onto the space beside her on the bench.

Everything he said was just Gryffindor drawl to her. Personally, she’d much like to die in her sleep. Surrounded by the lavish earnings of her lifetime and the pure family she’d graced the world with. “Certain death.” Ruby repeated, drumming her fingertips on the table. Why not have a little fun?

“I think not. What if someone knows where the chamber is? Someone right under your nose.”
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:04 am

"Well, then he is very lucky." He said, leaning back on the table. "Dumbledore is powerful, very powerful, he is quite the opposite of what you just said but everyone has different opinions." He shrugged. "But I do have to agree about your comment on Fudge." He chuckled, sipping at his coffee again. "Yes, certain death, whatever that thing is, it will kill us immediately. It couldn't care less if you were a Slytherin or a pureblood since you would have interrupted into it's lair. What do you mean?" He frowned, blinking. "Who knows?"
Back to top Go down
Brodie Naya Davies

Brodie Naya Davies

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:20 am

"Power and foolishness does not go well." She concluded her thoughts, letting her hands fall still on the table. Fudge. His fashion sense was no worse than his decision making skills.

Her eyes slid over to the Slytherin table. "Any one of them." She began, a curious edge to her voice. "Could be just a child. Like Potter. And don't tell me you believe the gabble about it being Potter. There is no way."

Ruby turned back to him, her expression neutral and controlled. She wished she could laugh. "What if I said knew? Would you believe me?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:28 am

"Potter is not the heir of Slytherin, he couldn't be, You Know Who killed his parents, the last thing Potter would want to be is the heir." He paused, gazing at the Slytherin table. "Hmm ... Any one of them?" He repeated, sipping at the coffee once more. "Maybe though I doubt it." He turned to Ruby. "You would have to show me proof." He replied simply after a moment of thinking..
Back to top Go down
Brodie Naya Davies

Brodie Naya Davies

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:36 am

"Good. You're not as stupid as you seem." She said. Unsure herself whether that was a compliment or other. Helping herself to a muffin, she began to pick it apart with her fingers whilst she thought. If she had found the chamber - there was no way she would be sharing information with anyone.

"Proof? In what form?" She started "You may be brave but I am inclined to believe that you wouldn't be going anywhere near the chamber and monster on my word. A Gryffindor with common sense is very rare though, you know."
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 am

"I seem stupid? First time anyone has called me that." He chuckled, shaking his head, feigning offence. He tipped the contents of the goblets down his throat finishing the coffee, he set the silver goblet back on the table. "Hmm ... Well, I don't really know. Well, that I wouldn't, it could just as easily be a prank. But you wouldn't be telling me this if you really did find the chamber, would you?"
Back to top Go down
Brodie Naya Davies

Brodie Naya Davies

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:49 am

"All Gryffindors seem stupid. It's not your fault." She was starting to enjoy herself now. This dismal environment had been working wonders for her. Ruby left the crumbled chocolate muffin on the table and wiped her hands on a napkin. She should probably clean it up. What were house elfs for?

"Mr Selwyn. I am not talking metaphorically." She whispered, now very amused. "The burden is just too much. To share it with an intelligent being would make me a very grateful Slytherin. Which is rare."
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:53 am

He rolled his eyes. "Alright then." He said with a shrug. "Well, then, so ... do you know where it is? The chamber I mean." He was very doubtful about it.
Back to top Go down
Brodie Naya Davies

Brodie Naya Davies

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:58 am

"Yes. Would you like me to show you?" She glanced out of the window and out onto the grounds. Rain was threatening, grey clouds loomed overhead. Her eyes turned back on him, ready to take in the head boy's reaction.

(( CAN YOU TELL ME? NO. BUT I CAN SHOW YOUUUU. ))
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:02 am

He had nothing better to do so he stood up, curiousness showing in his eyes. "Yeah, sure, lead the way." He said, a frown on his lips. He seriously doubted this but well, it couldn't hurt.

ooc - Haha, does your character really know where the chamber is ...?
Back to top Go down
Brodie Naya Davies

Brodie Naya Davies

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:03 am

(( No, don't be silly. I'll start a new thread :P ))
Back to top Go down
Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

Thomas 'Hex' Selwyn

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:04 am

ooc - She's lying then? I kinda expected that ... XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elated Darkness [open]   Elated Darkness [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elated Darkness [open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pottermore Canon Role Play :: Great Hall-
Jump to: