Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Back to school shopping [open]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

Back to school shopping [open] Empty
PostSubject: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Captain was glad to be back in one of her favorite shops; Flourish and Blotts. Standing on one of the higher levels of the shop, she looked down at the commotion under her. Today, one of the authors from the books they would need for school this year was here. Gilderoy Lockheart. She figured, though she already had the books she needed, she might as well get them signed. Plus this was a good oppurtunity to see her friends. Well, at least Percy at least. A while ago, a surprise came for her at the Weasley's.

It hadn't been that long ago. Kaila had woken up extra early today for some reason, she didn't know why. Getting up, she decided to help Mrs. Weasley with anything. It was quiet this morning as all mornings. Mrs. Weasley was smiling though, like she knew something Kaila didn't. And she did. While the blonde girl helped the woman wash a few dishes left from dinner last night, there was commotion coming from the living room. Mrs. Weasley rushed eagerly to the room. "Oh! Gavrel, good to see you. She's over here. " Excitment filled her. To see the oh so familar face of her father, she beamed and ran to hug him. He chuckled, hugging her back.

He had taken her home after that. It wasn't surprising to find Pollux waiting in her room for her, curtosy of her uncle. They had planned this trip to Diagon Alley, to Flourish and Blotts. It was crowded today, eveyone pushing in to get last minute books. She watched the author adress the crowd. With a smile, she saw a familiar redheaded family. With a whistle, she waved at Percy. The Gryffindor Prefect pushed his way up the stairs to stand with her. He nudged her a bit. "Look who came with us." He pointed down. She raised an eyebrow. Lockheart was pulling the person Percy was pointing to over for a picture. The author looked excited as he pushed a pile of book's into the black haired boy's arms. All eye were on the pair for a moment. Kaila shrugged and opened the book before her and starting reading. After a few moments, Percy nudged her again and pointed down at the boy again. She frowned as she recognized the person talking to Percy's siblings and their friend. Malfoy? She mouthed. The boy noded and shuffled down the stairs. Kaila watched them for a moment. When Mr. Weasley stepped forward, she turned back to her book.

Not ten mintues later, she felt someone push her. With a start she dropped her book over the edge of the rail and onto an unsuspecting person below. "Hey! Watch were your going!" She said angerily, turning to the person who pushed her. She recgonized the blonde second year boy as Draco Malfoy. He sneered at her, not saying anything. She frowned and looked over the edge for her book. It was on the floor, being trampled by people. Kaila turned around again when she felt something touch her shoulder.She brushed the black cane from her shoulder. Lucius Malfoy stood before her expectantly. "Well?" He demanded. "Well what?" She asked, genuinely wondering.
"Aren't you going to apologize for running into my son?"
"What? He ran into me!"
The elder Malfoy sneered. "I seriously doubt it. Now, just apologize and you can be on your way."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kincaid

Arthur Kincaid

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Arthur Kincaid had been bored out of his mind during the summer holidays. So he nearly exploded with excitement and anticipation as the beginning of the next school year approached. He wasted no time at all when he received his shopping list. He traveled strait to the Leaky Cauldron via Floo Powder, collected some his savings from his vault at Gringott's, and went directly to Flourish and Blott's to buy his school books.

The inside of the store was packed with people. This was a surprise to Arthur, the amount of people was unusual even at this time of year when students were buying their supplies. He quickly realized that the reason for this was that the one and only Gilderoy Lockheart was signing his books there. Arthur was a long-time admirer of Lockheart and his exploits and adventures. For him to be in his vicinity was mind-boggling. But, he contained his excitement. He had a lot of books to buy and he wasn't exactly eager to spend the day in such a large crowd of people. He squirmed and twisted his way through the crowd, trying not to touch anyone. Finally, he reached the section where the first book on the list was in. He could tell already that this was not going to be pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Kaila rolled her eyes. No way she going to say sorry to the boy, it was his fault! She tried to walk away, but the man's black cane was put in front of her. She gasped and moved back a bit. The man kept a hard face. "Apologize." He insisted. She rolled her eyes again. "Fine." She said angerily, turning to the younger Malfoy. "I'm sorry you're a clutz, Draco." She turned back to the elder. "Can I go now?" She asked, annoyed. The man laughed. "You are making this harder than it has to be."
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kincaid

Arthur Kincaid

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Arthur looked through the books on the shelf. That is, the few books that there were. The shelves had nearly been cleaned off. He began to regret not buying his books earlier when he noticed something close by. He realized that it was the girl he'd met earlier at the Leaky Cauldron. He also recognized another, more familiar but far less comforting pair of faces. It was Lucius Malfoy and his spoiled brat of a son, Draco. Arthur had already had the displeasure of the Malfoys' acquaintance. But what concerned him was how they seemed to be accosting Captain.

"Excuse me." Arthur said, walking over to them. "Is there something wrong here?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Lucius scowled at the boy before his face turned to a wicked smile. "I hardly see how that's your business, but if you must know, this girl attacked my son. I'm simply trying to get an apology from her." Kaila recognized the boy from the Leaky Cauldron. He was in her house, thought not in her year. She made move as if to wave him off, to tell him she could handle herself. After all, what could the younger boy do to help? She didn't want him to be dragged into this. "Attacked?! No I didn't!" She insisted.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kincaid

Arthur Kincaid

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Arthur noticed Captain's subtle gesture, but he was to angry to heed it's message. Lucius was the source of a lot of misery in Arthur's early childhood. He knew that he was exaggerating what had happened, in the brief time that Arthur spoke to Captain, she had showed herself to be quite level-headed. Not the kind of person to randomly attack someone. But, he realized how futile it would be to challenge Malfoy's claim, he was quite stubborn.

"You should probably let it go," said Arthur "It's useless to force apologies out of people, especially kids. You're a parent, surly you know what I'm talking about." He decided false maturity was the best course of action.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:34 pm

The elder Malfoy made a dissmissing gesture to the boy. He didn't buy this false maturity from the boy. Further more, he would get what he demanded from the child. "Away with you, boy. Now, I believe you are Ms. Darington? I can tell. You look so much like your," He paused for a moment. She knew what word he wanted to say, but wouldn't in this crowded bookstore."Your Muggle mother." He kept that wicked smile. Muggleborn, Kaila inwardly corrected. "Now, Ms. Darington, this is the last time I'll say it nicely; apologize now." Captain bit her lip hard. She would definatly not do it now. How dare he mention her? "In case it wasn't clear before, Mr. Malfoy, no." She said firmly. He scowled. He drew his cane back, in a manner which suggested she was going to be struck. She kept a hard face though. The black piece of wood started sailing through the air. She screwed her eyes shut and waited for the strike against her face.
"Be careful where you swing this thing, Lucius, you might hit somebody."
Kaila's eyes snapped open quickly. Gavrel Darington, Auror extrodinaire held the wood in one hand, holding it where it was. He was smiling, knowingly.
"Gavrel, how nice to see you." Said the man with the cane, bitterly and full of sarcasm. He yanked the cane back to his side. Kaila smiled to her dad.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kincaid

Arthur Kincaid

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Arthur was infuriated by the way Lucius had blown him off and by the fact that he was obviously about to hit Captain with his cane. But this other guy, who ever he was, seemed to have things under control. As angry as Arthur was, he was at least relieved that the situation was resolved before things got ugly. He'd seen Lucius at his worst and was glad that he wouldn't have to see it again. Gritting his teeth, Arthur left to find his books. He didn't trust himself to say anything so he didn't.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Captain smirked triumphantly. What could this man do against her now she an Auror defending her? The younger Malfoy was being uncharacteristicly quiet. "Kaila, why don't you go get your book, sweetheart?" The Auror gentely proded her. She noded and obidiently went for her lost book. Kaila followed her father's every word. He was an idol for her, someone she wanted to be just like. Walking down the stairs, she rescued her now damaged and trampled. She felt bad for the boy who had tried to help her. Biting her lip, she went after the other Ravenclaw. "Wait!" She called after him.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kincaid

Arthur Kincaid

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Arthur stopped, surprised. He turned and saw the girl he tried to help.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Kaila walked up to the boy. She wasn't sure what she was going to say, she just wanted to say something. "Um... I-I... Thank you..." She finally stammered out, staring down at her own feet.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kincaid

Arthur Kincaid

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:32 pm

"For what? It's not like I did anything useful." Arthur said.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:35 pm

The shy girl figeted a bit at his dismissing tone. "But you did. I-I'm sure he would have done more i-if you hadn't been standing there..." She didn't look up from her shoes.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kincaid

Arthur Kincaid

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:56 pm

(Sorry, but could we continue this tomorrow? It's getting very late.)
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 pm

(of course, its late here to)
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kincaid

Arthur Kincaid

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:04 pm

(Thanks. See you later.)
Back to top Go down
Lily Luna Prewett

Lily Luna Prewett

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:26 am

Lily ran in and grabbed the last book on the shelf. Perfect. It was just the one she wanted. She pushed her way through the masses of people waging to those she recognised, working her way towards the counter. She threw the coins on to the cashiers desk then pushed her way back towards the door. She had never liked crowds and certainly didn't want to be trapped in the midst of this one. Sheeventually reached the door and quickly exited. Once outside she took a deep breath of relief and wandered off back towards the leaky cauldron to pack her trunk and prepare for her return to hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Basil Blishwick

Basil Blishwick

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 am

As she walks down Diagon Alley, she reminds herself she was still missing quite a few books from her shopping list. As she makes her way to Flourish and Blotts, her eyes widen. They was a crowd in the bookshop that was almost spilling out into the street. She never liked crowded places. She didn't like small rooms either. She sighed, knowing she had to get the books she needed. So she pushed through the crowd, sometimes getting pushed back by some quite annoyed people.

When she had finally grabbed the last book she needed, she went up to the counter and payed for her purchase. Only then did she see why the book shop was unusually crowded. There, sitting in the middle of the store was Gilderoy Lockhart. She shook her head. All he ever wanted was attention. In her opinion people got a little too crazy over him. She pushed her way back out of the shop, wanting to get to fresh air as soon as she could.

As she bursts out of the crowd she breathes in deeply, glad to be out of that mess. She looks back at Flourish and Blotts one last time before heading down Diagon Alley once more, making sure she hadn't forgotten something she needed like last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:36 am

After her run in with CC back in Hogsmeade she felt significantly better, it was a nice feeling to have friends she decided. Which meant that she needed to make things right again between Captain and herself. She rubbed her neck tiredly and entered the bookshop with a sigh. She might as well get CC her presents since she was getting her books anyways.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:48 am

At the dismissing tone from the boy, she left him, figuring she had bothered him enough. She noticed her father was pushing his way around the crowd, done talking with the other man. She would have followed after him if someone hadn't caught her eye. Pumpkin. Kaila stared a moment, disbelievingly. She moved though when she realized people running pushing her, towards the Slytherin girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:53 am

She frowned and growled menacingly at the crowd. She hated crowds. About to step back out into the street she caught a glimpse or blonde hair coming towards her. "Kaila?" she tilted her head slightly. She didn't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:58 am

Captain struggled to move without being rude or pushing anyone. "Pumpkin..." She said, walking to stand by her friend. She didn't know what to say. She stood there for a moment, akwardly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:03 pm

She smiled lightly at the sight of her friend, reached over to ruffle her hair but remembered their last encounter at let her hand drop back down. "Hey what have I told you about calling me Pumpkin in public?" she winked at Captain.
Back to top Go down
Captain Darington

Captain Darington

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:07 pm

She was a bit disapointed at the almost gesture from her friend. She didn't let it show though. She smiled a bit and laughed. "Sorry." She paused a moment. "Reine." The name didn't feel the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 pm

She frowned slightly at the name but shook her head. "What brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to school shopping [open]   Back to school shopping [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to school shopping [open]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pottermore Canon Role Play :: Flourish and Blotts-
Jump to: