Pottermore Canon Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Questions and Answers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

Some Questions and Answers Empty
PostSubject: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:44 am

1. What is PG-13?
No scenarios of explicit abuse, torture, murder, adult theme. Also, no teenage pregnancies in Hogwarts, please.
All swearing is acceptable with Pottermore terms, such as unicorn, quaffle, ship, banshee and cullen.

2. What happens if a user sends me an inappropriate message?
Inform the admins.

3. How do I title my role plays?
By using your brain, be specific. If you want to role play by yourself only, say so by mentioning it.
Example:
1. Vine’s perfect quidditch practice – Not open to other players.
2. Ice’s dream – Open to Vine only.
3. Thorn’s Hogsmeade Trip – Open to teens who like one direction
4. Visiting Bellatrix Lestrange – Might contain slightly violent RP
etc.

4. I am not sure if I am God Modding…
Deciding the other character’s movements.
Example:
1.I could see it from her eyes that she was scared of me
2.I sent the curse and he died

5. How can I find people to role play with me?
Visit the out of character – plot discussion thread, open a topic and ask for a character.
Example: Looking for a first year gryffindor mudblood.. etc

6. I am offended by the word “mudblood”
Why are you even here?

7. I am annoyed by one user’s rp or ooc comments.
Contact the admins.

8. Can I talk about Twilight in the book and movies section?
No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:55 am

"Ice's Dream - open to Vine only"? Excuse me?
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:56 am

Just an example. Sniggers.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Midnight De'Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:23 am

Vine Lestrange wrote:

4. I am not sure if I am God Modding…
Deciding the other character’s movements.
Example:
1.I could see it from her eyes that she was scared of me

Just as a counter example to this, I think it would be appropriate to write something like this:
I shoved her into the wall, to breath a threat into her ear for getting in my way and warning those first year mudbloods of my plans for them, and caught a glimpse of surprise, or perhaps even fear. Fear of what I might do to her, as she had seen me do to others. That had to be it. And so, to exploit the fear that I believe I saw so clearly I press my head against hers roughly, so the right side of my face was against her right side and whispered roughly -
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:52 pm

A question about House Elves.

Ok, a lot of the information I've read either doesn't mention what I want to know about H.E's, or doesn't make the answer clear enough to suit me.
I want to know, are H.E's bound to the house? Or the family they serve? One thing I found said 'They are "bound" to the family of the house'.
To the family of the house.
Does that mean if the family were to somehow lose the house, they would lose the House Elf?
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 pm

I think they are bound to the family they serve or we would know some house elves getting freedom from that reason, but it only says about clothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:02 am

How do I upload images? Not avatars, screen shots and the like?
Back to top Go down
Gellert Jr Grindelwald

Gellert Jr Grindelwald

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:08 am

First click on the 6th icon that has the disk sign then host it, after that click on the 7th icon that has the pic symbol, post the url there.

Or if you already have the url of the image, just click on the pic symbol, post the url there and press send.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 am

Back to the house elves... If their family dies out, what would happen to them?
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:31 am

You mean if there is no heirs? Hmm, that is rare with purebloods. I guess it would be free then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:38 am

It's not working. I even tried adjusting the size.
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:47 am

Send me link via private message, I will try
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:53 am

... LOL, how do I do that? Doesn't matter :)
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:05 am

Click on MP on my profile, lol noob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:08 am

I know how to send a message :P I meant how do I link the screen shot.
Back to top Go down
Vine Lestrange

Vine Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am

Host here : http://tinypic.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm sure I'm using it correctly, but those italics are not working for me. Just to make sure...

Push the I before the word you want to make italic. Then push it again when you're done? Someone tell me if this is right, please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:59 pm

See? It did it again. The words before and again in my last post were supposed to be in Italics.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Crouch (CC)

Cassandra Crouch (CC)

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Write the words, highlight them, then press the I just once. Easiest way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Questions and Answers   Some Questions and Answers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Questions and Answers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pottermore Canon Role Play :: Letters from Hogwarts :: Your Letter-
Jump to: